la vida de estrella de mar en pinole.

30 March 2005

san francisco, closer.

i watched mike nichols' closer for the second time around 2am this morning, and i'm twice smitten. i haven't seen any movie as real as this one. i can't really describe it, you have to go and watch it for you to appreciate it. it's not for everyone though. basta, it has the realest dialogues ever. i cringe and tear hearing them because they are awfully honest, awfully familiar.

i love movies like this, when you really get to know the character and no matter how wicked or immoral their actions maybe, you can't really seem to hate them because you sort of understand why. you sort of have this familiarity with his character that you can only grieve with him in his misery, even if he brought it upon him.

...

went to downtown san francisco today. explored market street by myself for about an hour and a half. my brother left work early to meet me, he bought me a shirt and i got him some pepperoni pizza. :)

we went to my tito jun's house later on for dinner where i ate about a quarter of the strawberry pie they served. and yes, they let me take home the leftover. i practically ate half of it. haha.

...

for those wondering what this blog is for, it's purpose is mainly to "document" my stay here. so most, but not all entries, are about how my day went and stuff like that. for more sensible (if you may call them that) entries, go to my tabulas page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home